Keen - Wallenius Wilhelmsen is seeking a High & Heavy Machine Assembler responsible for handling all activities with heavy equipment/vehicles.
• Abide by all OSHA standards and company safety regulations.
• Operation of heavy construction and/or agricultural equipment
• Work with an array of hydraulic and electrical systems
• Interpretation of machine manuals and schematics for assembly or repair purposes.
• Use of hand and air powered tools.
• Physical demands. Please refer to the list of physical activities required for this position.
• Must possess a valid driver license.
• Operation of lift truck and heavy construction and agricultural equipment; positioning for work and testing purposes.
Operate various track and rubber tired equipment including but not limited to tractors, wheel loaders, excavators, dozers, dump-trucks, skid steers and lift trucks.
• Must provide own tools and be able to operate the following tools including but not limited to: grinders, sanders, drills, impact wrenches, wrenches, pry bars, measuring devices, drill press.
• Housekeeping and maintenance as required: Keep shop/work area clean and report any company equipment in need of repair.
• Follow directions from any supervisor to complete all assigned tasks timely and safely.
• Perform many different types of job functions as required by the workload including inside and outside assignments.
• Engage and assist with the mounting/connection of blades, buckets, sticks, booms, side-frames, counter-weights, catwalks and safety rails, cabs, ROPS, and other machine parts. Some installations may involve welding skills.
• Installation of machine kits to include but not limited to:
o Air conditioners
o Hydraulic valve kits
o Pre-lube kits
o Fire-suppression systems
o GPS system installations
o Weatherization packages