Do you enjoy driving new cars? Are you a problem solver with mechanical aptitude?
Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics is looking for motivated people to join our team as a
Driver. Working for WWL, a premier logistics partner to auto and heavy equipment manufacturers, you will be responsible for moving and tracking vehicles.
* Place protective coating on vehicles in compliance with specified procedures.
* Perform buy/scan of vehicles to transfer status.
* Place throw-in items in vehicles as specified.
* Drive units to and from the customer and WWL VSA facilities as necessary.
* Perform all functions of the PDT (location scanning) for the assigned account.
* May locate and identify misplaced units.
* Verifies that label matches VIN plate and work order.
* Prints label, hangs in vehicle. May place other stickers as needed.
* Adheres to all safety and vehicle damage prevention procedures, including speed limits, uniform and personal protective equipment requirements.
* Other duties as assigned, including cross-training and assisting in other positions within the job/pay grade.
* Must be able to drive vehicles with manual or automatic transmissions.
* Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
* Strong work history (including good attendance and good safety record).
* Must be able to identify mechanical problems as needed.
* 50 pound lifting requirement.
* Must demonstrate the ability to carry out specified work procedures and follow directions given by supervisors and lead personnel.
* Must be a self starter with the ability to perform in high pressure and dynamic situations.
* Must be proactive and have the ability to think globally.