This position is responsible for the safe and accurate receiving and shipment of machines and parts to and from the Decatur facility. The primary objective is to have zero miss‑shipments and cargo claims. In addition to yard duties, this individual will drive machinery from the Caterpillar plant to KT yards (or between KT yards in Decatur) as needed. Employee is also responsible for the safe operation of all equipment used within the scope of employment and adherence to all safety policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Loading or unloading construction equipment on/off trailers and railcars.
2. Operation of machines produced at the Caterpillar plant in Decatur for purposes of factory pick ups, loading or unloading.
3. Loading of Keen fleet or brokers, following established guidelines, including:
4. Scale all loads that are pre‑loaded for drivers including gross weight, axle weights, and axle groups, and verify road worthiness of trailer.
5. Operate hand tools regularly used in loading or yard activity such as banding machines, air wrenches and hammers, or other commonly used hand tools.
6. Operation of fork lift for loading or moving pieces in the yard.
7. Yard maintenance as required:
8. Work hours to be established by the Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS.