This position is responsible for the completion of assigned work within the time and quality limits established. Total customer satisfaction with the work performed is the primary goal of this position, doing the right things, correctly, the first time. The employee also recognizes their responsibility to perform all work in a safe and efficient manner and to adhere to all the safety rules regarding the use of PPE including the wearing of safety toed work shoes or any other safety equipment deemed necessary. This position will also adhere to all DOT codes and regulations in the repair and maintenance of all equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Engage in the maintenance and repair of Keen company trailers in the following general categories:
2. Engage in the maintenance and repair of company tractors:
3. Use of basic hand and power tools
4. Use of acetylene torch to cut various metals for fabrication or replacement purposes and use mig and stick welding techniques.
5. Use of measuring devices in both metric and English calibrations.
6. Ability to hook and unhook from trailers using yard tractor for purposes of spotting equipment to work on or for testing.
7. Complete repair orders for ongoing and completed jobs including hours worked and description of repairs. This includes entries into the TNT software or completion of manual forms.
8. Deck or un-deck trailers using a lift truck and set up or configure super-trailers for use or transport.
1. Reading and comprehending at a level sufficient to interpret MSDS and manufacturer's warnings and instructions for use and replacement of parts or operating instructions or to complete a repair order associated with repair.
2. Proficiency in the use of basic hand tools including but not limited to hammers, saws, wrenches and pliers, torque wrenches, and air powered equipment.
3. Ability to satisfy the physical requirements listed :