- Work with the Production Scheduler to provide a daily schedule for all loading crew employees.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of loading supplies including blocking, chain protectors, and chains and binders.
- Assign, approve, and distribute overtime among loading crew employees.
- Monitor job performance and participate in the evaluation of loading crew members.
- Train crew members in proper and safe lift truck and crane operation.
- Monitor the maintenance and safety of all lift trucks, cranes, or other equipment or tools used in the yard.
This position will oversee all positions in the Yard Crew, Shipping and Receiving Clerk, and Assistant Yard Supervisor.
This job operates in a professional yard/office environment. The position holder will be allotted a space in the Facility office, which will be utilized as a work station. Frequent exposure to the elements (such as dust, dirt, rain,) and chemicals (such as fumes and fluids) occur during operation of construction and agricultural equipment, cranes, forklifts, welding, painting, etc. This position will utilize standard office equipment such as computers, phones, fax machines, and printer/copiers.
- Able to climb, stoop, crawl, bend, stretch, lift and carry blocking, and otherwise assume positions required to load, inspect, and/or secure loads to trailers or railcars.
- Able to walk the yard area for purposes of inspection and identification of machinery and or pieces.
- Able and willing to work out of doors all year long in all reasonable weather conditions.
- Ability to satisfy the physical requirements of the job listed below:
- Frequent lifts and carrying of up to 50 pounds for distances of 50 feet
- Overhead lifting of 50 pounds
- Climbing to and working at heights of up to 15 feet
- Completing a full workday walking and/or standing
- Perform work from a wide range of positions including: standing, sitting, bending , reaching, kneeling, reclining, from scaffolding or ladders
- Sufficient hand and arm strength to un-package, install, or remove machine parts. May include the use of a 20 pound sledgehammer or other hand or power tools.
- Pushing and pulling heavy material handling equipment such as floor cranes or jacks, and engaging in activities such as rolling tires or moving oak blocking.
- Sufficient hand dexterity and strength to fasten, insert, and remove bolts and pins of various sizes and weights from a few ounces to 20 pounds and to operate and withstand the impact and vibration of electric and air-powered power tools.
- Conduct work responsibilities while exposed to dirt, dust, and fumes from the operation of construction equipment, cranes, forklifts, etc.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time exempt position. Working days and hours are Monday through Friday 7:00a.m.to 4:00p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Overnight travel as required but unlikely, for offsite training, assist a driver at the Pier, etc.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, ETC.
- Experience operating construction and agricultural equipment, as well as lift trucks and cranes.
- Basic PC literacy. Familiar with Microsoft Office products including excel and word, and able to effectively communicate through the use of email.
- Ability to locate and use manufacturer websites as a reference source for machine configuration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels of employees and management.
- Strong organizational skills
- Must pass NIDA 5 drug screen as a condition of hire.
- Regular and punctual attendance as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 1 year experience in a supervisory/training role
- Knowledge regarding OSHA and company safety policies
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of basic trailer aspects
- What type of trailers are used to haul specific equipment
- Safe securing procedures regarding loads on trailers
- 2+ year experience in a supervisory role