ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
DUTIES:1. Loading or unloading construction equipment on/off trailers and railcars.
- Load and unload construction equipment to/from trailers for the purpose of receiving or shipment from the yard.
- Safe operation of lift truck, overhead crane, or other material handling equipment for this purpose.
- Safe operation of various pieces of construction equipment to accomplish duties listed above including driving, backing up, tilting or raising or lowering attachments or other machine movements to facilitate transport.
- Must work outside in all reasonable weather conditions.
- Reading and interpreting all paperwork associated with the shipping/receiving function including but not limited to; bills of lading, shipping orders, manifests, tally sheets or export documentation.
- Must have a current drivers license to drive units from the factory to the yard for storage or distribution.
2. Operation of machines produced at the Caterpillar plant for purposes of factory pick ups, loading or unloading.
- Use of proper chaining, banding, blocking, or other appropriate load securement technique and mechanisms to assure safe transit of cargo.
- Verification of serial number, piece count and condition of all shipments in or out or the facility.
- Inspect shipments for proper number of chains, nylon straps, or other securement devices to guard against claims or in?transit damage.
- Verify the loaded dimensions of all units shipping from the facility.
3. Loading of Keen fleet or brokers, following established guidelines, including:
- Inspect all units for damage and report immediately to supervisor if damage occurs during handling of machine or pieces.
- Assist with the movement and positioning of machines as a flagman or ground person directing the operator of the unit being moved.
4. Scale all loads that are pre?loaded for drivers including gross weight, axle weights, and axle groups, and verify road worthiness of trailer.
- Verification of serial number, MSO number, piece count, and condition of machine or parts.
- measure all pre?loads for width and loaded height.
5. Operate hand tools regularly used in loading or yard activity such as banding machines, air wrenches and hammers, or other commonly used hand tools.
6. Operation of fork lift for loading or moving pieces in the yard.
7. Yard maintenance as required:
- Keep yard tidy, neat, and clean, so units and pieces can be located and loaded safely and efficiently.
- Keep shop area clean and report any company equipment in need of repair.
8. Work hours to be established by the Operations Manager.