You thrive in a fast-paced environment. Leading your team to success is the only way you know how to work. You strive for career growth and welcome challenging experiences. You are Wallenius Wilhelmsen's future Quality Assurance Supervisor.
As a Quality Assurance (QA) Supervisor for Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions, you will have responsibility to:
* Audit in-process Vehicle Processing Center (VPC) procedures and final quality of the vehicle to assure compliance with established quality standards.
* Understand customer requirements concerning vehicles condition prior to shipment ( Example - Verify that the vehicle is in the correct loadbay or loaded to the correct rail destination; Vehicle is parked correctly on the line; All trash removed from the vehicle; Ignition keys located in the correct place; Floor mats in position; All accessories turned off; Seat covers in place; Inspect exterior for damage, cleanliness, etc.; Verify that the Monroney label match the vehicles VIN plate; Verify that all accessories needed for the vehicle are installed; and may check other miscellaneous items on the vehicle.)
* Plan and direct QA activities.
* Ensure that activities support our objectives.
* Ensure the appropriate scheduling of QA resources.
* Provide direct and daily supervision of QA employees.
* Identify and implement cost reduction activities.
* Quality audit and warranty analysis reporting.
* Develop and submit customer quality alert reporting.
* Other duties as deemed necessary (special projects, port modifications, vehicle maintenance programs, etc.).
* Three years first line supervisory experience preferred.
* Experience with SOP, MRP, TQM, JIT, Kaizen, 5S, and visual factory management preferred.
* Experience with ISO 9001.
* Experience working within an assembly line operation with an emphasis on automotive and/or mechanical applications.
* Must have proven analytical and problem solving skills.
* Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team environment.
* Must be willing to work any shift. Ability to work long hours and weekends if required.
* Ability to drive vehicles with manual or automatic transmission.
* Have a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
* Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel and data base navigational skills.
* College degree or equivalent experience desired.